The Writing Assistant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Preparing proposals by determining concepts, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Determining proposal concepts by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
- Meeting proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Entering and monitoring tracking data.
- Coordinating requirements with contributors and contributing proposal status information to review meetings.
- Gathering proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Writing, revising, and editing drafts, including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Maintaining quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
The necessary qualifications, education, and experience required for this role is as follows:
- Presentation skills
- Written communication
- Layout skills
- Problem solving
- Proficiency in the French language
Present student of the following are considered an asset: French, Journalism, Media, or related field
Minimum of 1-year experience in a non-profit or charity organization, voluntary or paid roles
Start date: July 5, 2021
Number of weeks: 8 weeks
Employment groups: students and / or young people
Please submit your application in English by June 25, 2021 at 6 PM ET.
We thank everyone who responds to this offer, however, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
These positions are funded by the Government of Canada through the Canada Summer Jobs program.