Date de début:
2020 Oct 01
Date de fin:
2022 Mar 31
EcoAmbassadeurs is committed to implement an awareness campaign within companies from the Finance, Insurance, Technology and Large Retail sectors with the aim of raising awareness towards obstacles faced by racialised persons during the hiring process. Simultaneously, the organisation is going to work with Hiring Managers from these sectors to find solutions to systematic barriers to employment. The project will be implemented unril 31st March, 2022. A total of 125 people are expected to direcly participate in the project.
DESCRIPTION OF ACTIVITIES PROPOSED BY THE BENEFICIARY
- Distribution of newsletters to at least 100 employers from the Finance, iInsurance, Technology and Retail sectors in order to make them aware of the systematic obstacles to employment faced by racialized people. The newsletter will also be available on Facebook and Twitter in support of the campaign.
- Three workshops will be held for training 75 Hiring Managers from these sectors. The training will demonstrate the hidden side of discrimination in employment and how to address it.
- Three workshops will be organised for approximately 50 people from racialised communities to train them in overcoming the barriers to Employment, Entrepreneurship and Civic Engagement
- Enhance its ability in tackling systemic barriers to employment;
- Increase ressources, programs, campaigns and services which address the challenges to employment;
- Increase participation of indigenous people, racialised communities and religious minorities in projects which address the barriers to employment;
- Increase the number of racialised people in the companies participating in the project;
- Train 45 racialised francophones of diverse origins and cultures in sound governance, job search and business creation.
THIS PROJECT IS FUNDED BY :